Those who have made sufficient social security payments in Portugal may be eligible for a Portuguese pension.

Those eligible for a foreign pension may receive it under bilateral agreements and still be eligible for a Portuguese pension.

If you are a tax resident in Portugal you must claim your pension near the Portuguese Social Security Authorities.

To claim for your pension fill out Forms RP 5002 DGSS (Questionário/Pedido de Pensão de Invalidez e de Velhice a Organismo Estrangeiro) if National Insurance Contribution payments have been made in your country of origin. You will also need to fill in RP 5071 and RP 6071 forms.

These forms ask for information regarding your personal life and also your professional career. You will also be asked to declare income from all pension sources – company, private pension plans, and state pensions from other countries.

João Monteiro de Barros Tax Manager
+351964242145 | Avenida Infante Santo, Lote 72, Lisboa |